WP Lawyers’ business lawyers have the necessary skills and experience to advise you on the purchase or sale of a business. We can assist you with business types including companies, partnerships, and trusts.
Each party to a sale or purchase of business transaction should be independently advised by a lawyer and an accountant.
We can help with:
- business structures
- lease terms
- Put and Call options
- goodwill & valuation of business assets
- tax considerations
- liason with financial institutions
- transfers of liquor licences and poker machine entitlements
- transfers of equipment licences
- arranging due diligence searches and inspections
- organising and attending settlement
Sale/purchase of a business
If there is a lease attached to the sale/purchase of a business you should contact us before anything is signed. In fact businesses are so unique that you should consult with us before a ‘standard contract’ is used as the ‘standard conditions’ may not be appropriate for your business or your circumstances and may need adjusting to suit.
» Contact us to arrange a consultation