WP Lawyers can provide assistance with retail and commercial leases in a number of capacities. It is important to seek legal advice from an experienced commercial lawyer before entering a lease, as it has the potential of becoming a negative impact on your business’ cash flow at a later stage.
We can assist you with:
- Drafting and reviewing retail and commercial leases
- Negotiation for the terms of the lease (including rent, transfer options, duration, exit and renewal options)
- Subletting of premises
- Insurance advice and assistance identifying the most suitable business insurance opportunities
- Possible dispute resolution
- Consents with respect to dealing with the Lease or the Premises
- Assignment of the Lease
- Licencing including outdoor licencing
Retail Shop Leases Act
The Retail Shop Leases Act provides strict requirements for Lessors Dislcosure, Assignor Dislcosure, Assignee Disclosure and the provision of Legal Advice and Finalcial Advice Certificates when dealing with leases. We can advise on all aspects of any dealings with a retail lease whether for the Landlord, tenant or assignee/buyer of a lease/business. Please ensure that you act quickly when dealing with a retail lease as compliance with the Act is the major reason for delays and frustrations associated with leasing.
» Contact us to arrange an appointment with an experienced solicitor